Blogger Interview - Kim Boudreau Smith
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
I am the Founder and Former CEO of Bold Radio and currently the CEO of KimBSmith, Inc. I recently decided to take a step away from my business and really streamline everything and begin blogging. I am a newbie blogger. My blog, “the CEO of URself” is about strengthening your voice faithfully in the marketplace, really learning how to be a true CEO of one’s self.
2. Describe how did you first get into blogging?
Well, I am really not a writer, I would rather talk, that explains the radio station. However, I was experiencing a huge transition towards the end of 2016, and decided to begin writing, hence the reason the blog was born.
3. How would you describe your blogging style?
I have a very honest, direct, transparent and thought provoking approach. I do implement some spirituality into the mix, as well with a bit of humor. I write to myself about things I have experienced, and still see going out there in the marketplace. I hope to inspire other women in business. I am very non-traditional. I say it how it is.
4. As a new blogger, how will you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Great question! Well, I have about a month worth (maybe more) of blogs written and edited. I did this because of personal family issues I have been dealing with, and I didn’t want to lose momentum. Consistency is so key here. I also have a schedule that I stick to for writing and posting. So I do not schedule things at this time. I also have been in the background learning and connecting with other pro bloggers.
5. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
I am still evolving this… I have a lot of support.
6. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
I would love for the blog to help women in business really grow their businesses, speak at events, and have wonderful relationships to build with other bloggers, and agencies to assist them with their clients.
7. What inspired you to start your blog?
Myself, my “gut” was really pulling me to write, so I did, and I have discovered that I love it, and I am developing a whole new community of connections and relationships.
8. How will you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
Attending Blogging events to learn new things; stay open to learning new things as Blogging grows; and really learn and stay connected with the relationships that I am creating with other bloggers. The most important things for me is to remember my big fat “why” this isn’t about me, it is about serving others.
9. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Hmmm, I am still new, so I have not discovered this yet.
10. Would you encourage other people to create their own blog?
Well, I believe in encouraging people in whatever their heart desires.
11. Will blogging be your profession or just a hobby?
12. What is the link to your blog?